Monday, August 15, 2011

Enjoy the Moment

I just adore these photos of Miss Reese. We went to Mexico recently and I snapped these after having dinner at the hibachi grill at the resort.  The first pic was what I got when I told her I wanted a picture of my beautiful girl all dressed up and the 2nd photo was from the walk home.  The walkways at the resort had these smaller stone paths embedded in them and my sweet little Reese just LOVED walking the lines.

I used this month's Scrapbook Circle You Are My Sunshine kit.  Each month, the design team members lift a layout posted to the Scrapbook Circle Facebook wall.  This month I lifted Doreen.  Here's my take on her layout.
Supplies from Scrapbook Circle You Are My Sunshine kit: Echo Park Countryside Bee's Knees; Sassafras Lass sunshine broadcast - flourish, border from sunshine broadcast - static; Basic Grey Out of Print Publication; Simple Stories Hello Sunshine paper; Elle's Studio Lil Snippets - Labels (Yellow); Elle's Studio Lil Snippets - Dates; American Crafts Kraft Cardstock; Maya Road Gold Ruffle Edge; Scrapbook Circle Digital Download; Studio Calico Mists (not in kit).



If you look closely you can see that I did my standard fussy cutting.  I cur some circle and doilies from the Simple Stories paper but I also hand cut circles from the Basic Grey Publication paper and then I backed most of them with a contrasting paper.

I kept the overall design of Doreen's layout with just a little different spin. Here's her original...


Make sure to post your layouts to the Scrapbook Circle Facebook wall for your chance to get "lifted".

6 comments:

Carly said...

Love your lift! My fave has got to be your title work though! Thanks for inspiring! hugs~ Carly

Diana Waite said...

GREAT lift Ms. Heather! I really like how you added the three sheets of paper behind--the misting is super fun too!

June Houck said...

Great inspiration,as always, Heather!

corrie said...

Wow! I love your layout! It is so bright and fun. I love how you fussy cut things. It is really cool.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Saw this on SBC and absolutely FELL IN LOVE!!! This is just AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Loooove this layout! So many details and things to look at! It's great!