Monday, October 17, 2011

Monkeying Around

Things are a little bit sketchy over at the Imaginisce blog today.  Melinda gave a few of us a really great sketch to work with. I saw the sketch and I had an idea of what I was going to do with it but as I was searching through my paper stash and my photos I came across this photo of my hubby helping my daughter swing on the monkey bars. The Animal Crackers collection was a perfect fit.  Here's what I did with it.

One of my goals for the layout was to make it look like ropes a monkey would swing from so I cut the banners and pieced them together. I fussy cut a little monkey and dangled him from one of the banners.  I added bit of bling in different patterns on the two banners. 


My favorite part of the layout is the frame I made.  I adhered my strips of paper and then I laid down some mesh and painted over it with yellow paint.  I removed the mesh and this was the effect I got.  Once dried, I outlined it with black and white pen.

And here's the sketch.  As I mentioned, I didn't use a circle photo.  A sketch is for inspiration but does not have to be followed to the "T". The key is to use it as your starting point and to go from there.

Thanks for stopping by today! -xoxo Heather

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great take on that sketch! I really like all of your misting and frame is so cool!

Diana Waite said...

VERY clever--GREAt take on the sketch--the yellow adds just the right yummy touch!

Rebecca Keppel said...

what a fabulous layout! i love the painted frame and awesome ticket up in the corner.