Thursday, November 17, 2011

She's "fwee" Today!

My baby girl turned 3 at the end of October, which is soo hard to believe!  I was inspired to scrap the photos of her blowing out the candles on her cake by this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch and the Happy Day collection sent to me by Simple Stories for being their guest designer this month (THANKS for having me). Check out those projects in yesterday's blog post.
Supplies: Simple Stories Happy Day Collection: Let's Party, Flash Cards papers; Signature Elements 2x12 & 4x12 Title Strip Elements, 12x12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers; American Crafts Thickers "Stroll"; Cosmo Cricket Tiny Alphas in red/cream; Kaiser Craft Tiny Alpha Stickers "Toffee Apple"; Mister Hueys Color Mist in Lemonade; homemade blue mist; Shimmerz miniZ "Bed of Roses"; Zig marker in Chocolate; misc. red/white/blue twine; Martha Stewart punch; Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro; small wooden clothespins; misc. thread.

The papers and bits from the Happy Day collection were such a perfect fit, from the colors to the celebration sentiments.  I just love how so much of it is done for you and helps take a bit of the guess work out.  Don't get me wrong, it took me a while to determine which particular papers to use, layering, placement, etc but all in all it came together pretty fast.

To get the paint splatters more "clumpy" than spritzy I unscrewed and removed the spray nozzle from the container.  Then I flicked it with my finger.  It's still an unpredictable pattern but it's usually right where I want it.  To get the circle ring, I sprayed some of the mist into the cap, turned it over and pressed it on the paper.

I had the red, white and blue baker's twine but I really wanted a bit of yellow so I laid it out and then misted it a bit with the yellow.  I love how it came out.

The rest was layering, punching, gathering and stitching. Here's the sketch that inspired my layout above. 

Make sure to head over to Sketchy Thursdays to see the prize that's up for grabs from Lindy's Stamp Gang for playing along this week.  Oh and guess what, we're "off" for Thanksgiving so you have two weeks to play along AND they'll be drawing 2 prize winners instead of 1!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

so cute! love your use of twine! :)

Debbie P said...

Wow, what a gorgeous layout! And look how blue her eyes look up against that bright blue tongue! So, so cute!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Hi Heather! This is a beautiful page- the photos are adorable and I love your twine and clothesline details. That title is perfect- too cute! LOVE how you used the Simple Stories papers- very inspiring!

Rebecca Keppel said...

cute cute cute! love the little clips and that BLUE tongue!