Friday, May 3, 2013

Simply Wonderful: PageMaps + Little Yellow Bicycle

I'm super excited to get to work with PageMaps again. I do love to design my own layouts but there's just something about sketches that simply the creative process and that's good to mix in as often as possible!  Little Yellow Bicycle and PageMaps teamed up this month and I was given this 12x12 sketch to design with.  Here's what I created, something Simply Wonderful in my opinion.

I used the Fern & Forest Boy collection that Little Yellow Bicycle sent me. The colors are so bold and striking. To create this layout, I painted Heidi Swapp mists on the paper with my fingers, adding in the Bronzer color between the colors.

I then stitched a circle over the dried mists and added banner strips under the photo as a sort of mat. I added additional elements, such as journaling cards and chipboard to give it added dimension.

Lastly, I used sticker letters for the word "simply" and then wrote the word wonderful using a sketchpad app on my iPad and then traced it in Silhouette Studio. Several of my fellow LYB DT members thought I had written the word with twine and I love that it kind of looks like that but without the fuss.

Thanks for the opportunity, PageMaps and Little Yellow Bicycle! LYB is doing a fun sketch challenge giveaway over on PageMaps so make sure to check it out HERE!

14 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

Love what you've done with the sketch and the paints! GREAT LO!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I love this! The colors in the background are so eye-catching and such a creative take on the sketch!

Christine said...

I love this layout so much!! The painting is fantastic and I love the layers. At first I thought you wrote wonderful with bakers twine :)

orange gearle said...

LOVELY! I thought it was twine too! I love this! The painting...layers...stitching...LOVE it!

Miriam Prantner said...

The painted mists are fantastic, loving the stitching and all the pennants/layering. Gorgeous page!

Fleursbydesign said...

Love this layout, the background and title are awesome :)

Unknown said...

This layout is amazing, Heather!! You have inspired me to try some painting with my mist!!

Tracey said...

WOW!! This is stunning Heather!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I love that you used your finger to swipe the mists on the background, amaZing!

Linda Beeson said...

Always love PageMap sketches, beautiful layout, great photos.

Ashley Horton said...

Those photos are so cute Heather!! Love the Color Shine in the background and great use of the LYB!!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Love your painted background along with the stitching...very cute!

Margie Higuchi said...

Love your take on the challenge :) Great details from the stitching to the paints = WOW!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE the texture and style to this!