Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Life is Better with {my daughter and dad} In It!

I have committed scrap more photos of my kids with the important people in their lives instead of just them. I just don't want to take these times for granted.  So today, I'm showing you a page I created of my oldest daughter with her Big Daddy (grandfather). 


I just loved the blue diagonal striped vellum paper with the pre-stitched butterflies from the American Crafts My Girl collection! I just had to use it!

I simply layered it over the multi-striped paper from the same collection so that it covered 2/3 of the page. I added scalloped and striped borders to trim the seam.
I added a few fussy cut speech bubbles to help tell the story and embellished the lower 1/3 of the page.  Lastly, bits and pieces for layering. These two adore each other and now I have a layout to prove it. LOL.

Thanks for stopping by today. Now go on a get crafty, y'all!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the diagonals over the stripes! What a sweet page!

Ashley Horton said...

Love this page Heather, and great photo!! Hubby's dad is also Big Daddy to our kids. So funny that we both have a Reese and a Big Daddy!! HA! :)

Leslie Germain said...

Such a cute page. Love the use of beads!

Rhonda said...

I love this layout...and also the sentiment of it. :o) Awesome job.

Gina Lideros said...

I love how you fussy cut and stitched those speech bubbles, so fun!

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL tribute Heather!