Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It’s the Little Things

The Gossamer Blue October kits were simply AH-MAZING! Like, wow amazing. It was packed with Crate Paper, Glitz, American Craft, Elle’s Studio, Pebbles and of course, the Gossamer Blue exclusives.  I love to mix the lines, but today, I couldn't resist the Glitz Design Finnley collection and the Gelatos from the color kit.

This whole layout started with the "just stay little" tulle skirt die cut at the bottom of the page.  Seriously, that one little thing inspired this all.  My daughter is enchanted with these dresses and all things girly and I just love it!  I usually start with the photo but I knew I’d have plenty to choose from because she has one of these dresses in just about every photo I have of her from the last 2 – 3 years.

I always tell her that I just want her to stay little and how much hope I have for her future so the cards layered under the photo were a perfect complement to it all. I use the Dream Big Little One card for hidden journaling.

Then I sorted through the Glitz word stickers and found so many that described her perfectly. I laid everything out without adhering it to the paper, snapped a photo of the layout, so I’d know where to put it all later, and then deconstructed it.

Now it was time for the gelatos!  OMG, these are so fun.  They are like little crayons that you can color with directly on your paper or you can apply them to a non sticky mat first. I chose to apply them in a random pattern direct to my paper and then I used a water soaked paint brush to paint and swirl it around in a lovely
watercolor pattern.  I did this down the left side of the page and again under the photo area.

Once dried, I put everything back in it’s place. I adhered it all down and did a bit of final stitching over the triangles.  A bit messy? Yes. A lot of fun? Absolutely yes! A unique new layout? Of course!

Have you ever played with gelatos? If not, make sure to check them out. They are soo much fun! Thanks for stopping by today. Now go on and get crafty!

6 comments:

Emily Adams said...

Cool layout - it's bright and fun. I have some gelatos but haven't used them yet. Thanks for the reminder!! :)

Madeline said...

Pretty use of the gelatos! Fun page!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this layout! So beautiful and colorful!!! You did such a wonderful job layering the Glitz cards! I love all your word stickers along the edge and the gelatos are fabulous!! I need to try those! :) Evie

Joni Parker said...

Hi Heather!! Gorgeous layout that caught my eye so I popped over to visit and say hi!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Goodness me this is amazing!

Michelle S said...

I just LOVE this LO!