Thursday, January 2, 2014

Exciting announcement & 2013 Year in Review Layout

Hi everyone!  I have some exciting news to announce below but first, let me share this layout I created using the January Gossamer Blue kits.  It's a 2013 Year in Review layout for my youngest daughter.  I still need to do one for my oldest girl but for now, let's take a look at this one.

I saw these little month-to-month spots and just knew I had to create this layout.

I went through my photos month by month and picked out some of my favorites. It was so hard to choose just one for the whole month but it had to be done.

There wasn't a lot of space to add a title. I tried to work in into some of the woodgrain spaces but nothing was working so I added a speech bubble. It was the perfect foundation for my alphas. I squeezed them in there perfectly.
Photos range from 1 1/4" to 2 1/2". Some are square some are not. All have slightly rounded corners. The photos are just big enough and offer plenty of room for journaling and embellishing.

I hear that the January kits and add-ons are very low on stock and may even be sold out so run over to the Gossamer Blue store NOW to get yours!

I decided to post this layout featuring Simple Stories today because I'm excited to announce that I was invited to join the Simple Stories team.  I've been holding this secret in since early November and it feels good to finally let it out.  
Thanks for the opportunity Amber, Kevin and Layle.  I look forward to working with all of these talented ladies this year! Now head over to the Simple Stories blog to read the announcement!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Congrats on being chosen as part of the Simple Stories team!! That is amazing!!

Jenni Calma said...

Yay! Congratulations! Can't wait to see!

young said...

Super cute layout! Congrats!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome year in review layout Heather, and congrats on making Simple Stories!!