Wednesday, May 21, 2014

You Girls Make Me So Very Happy | MME Guest Designer

Hello, I hope you enjoyed the layout I shared with you yesterday as part of my My Mind's Eye guest gig. You can see it below or you can see all my projects together on the MME blog here - DAY 1 and Day 2.

So here's a look at the 2nd project I created using the new Market Street collection.

I had this adorable photo of the hubby and I holding up this frame around our girls. It's a couple of years old and I hadn't scrapped it yet so when I saw the red brick color pattern paper with the green boarded up window, I knew it was time to get this one in the books.

I angled the white cardstock and distressed the edges. Then sewed it to the dark floral background.


The chipboard banner was calling me to use it. I originally planned to use it as a bottom border to complete the end of my title, layering the first part of the title on top but inspiration struck and this is what I came up with. I added tiny alphas between the crevices.
For the photo, I added some paper layers, gold foil doily and embellishments, leaving a pocket for journaling, which I made by adding the "Today" tab to a 3x4 card. I used teeny tiny foam dots to add the word "joy" sp that it's even with the photo layers  but popped up over the white cardstock.

So there you have it...stop by tomorrow for a look at the mini album I created. And head over to the MME blog and leave me some love - DAY 1 and Day 2.

5 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

The layout is beautiful! Love the title work, that's brilliant!

Diana Waite said...

just BEAUTIFUL--love the bow!

Unknown said...

Love your banner and the journaling around it.

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Definitely my new favorite layout of yours!! Stunning!

CalleLillyCafe said...

another fave & those layers!