Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Forever Bloom

When I got the assignment from Paige to use machine stitching on my layout, I was SUPER excited.  I chose to mix it with some interesting cutting so I thought about it, designed the cutting file and went to town with my concept. Here's the finished layout.


Supplies: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection, Cutting file by Heather Leopard. Download the cutting file HERE.


How to: I designed the cut file (you can download it HERE) so that the triangles can flip up and down and don't actually detach from the page. Then I flipped them up and down and added photos behind 6 of them. I machine stitched around the outer perimeter of the entire design. Then I cut smaller triangles out of pattern paper and machine stitched through the middle sections to secure the triangles up and down so that the photos can always be seen.

I also added hidden gems under some of the triangles that can only be seen if you lift them up. This is where I have the journaling and some other patterns.


I created the title by hand. How to: cut a strip of paper ever so slightly larger than the width/height you'd like your letters to be. Then cut the letters out with your scissors and trim as needed. I was not looking for anything uniform so I just went to town with my scissors. Stitch and embellish as you wish.

If you download this file to use note that the triangles at the top should not be cut with the main triangle design in the middle. If you choose to use them, these should be cut with coordinating papers and they fit within the triangles from the main design.

Thanks for stopping by today. You can see this along with my stitched card on the American Crafts blog.

3 comments:

Kim Watson said...

Such adorable papers. Your page is amazing... thanks for sharing your cute tile!

bernii miller said...

Such a stunning layout Heather!!

Suz said...

Beautiful work Heather! So inspiring! Thanks for sharing the cut file and for stopping by my blog to say hello and your kind words as well! :)