Thursday, September 17, 2015

Stop and Smell the Roses

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://americancrafts.typepad.com/.  I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Instagram is my favorite go-to app for staying connected with friends, family and people from around the world with the same interests. I enjoy sharing my DIY, craft and scrapbook projects with you all there while also documenting my family’s everyday moments so when Paige asked me to create a layout featuring Instagram photos, I knew finding the perfect photo would not be hard. And the new Dear Lizzy Documentary collection is perfection for the photo I chose.


Download and cut out your favorite background cut file and choose one where the outer perimeter somewhat resembles a circle. I chose the rosette background cut file from my friend, Just Nick.

Choose various pattern papers to back the different cuts and adhere to the page. Hand or machine stitch a large circle around the outside of your new background.


Add 2 – 3 layers of coordinating pattern paper behind your photo, layering in tags, labels, tickets, etc. and adhere to the bottom left of the page. Next, add your title and journaling and finish off the page with the remaining embellishments.

Supplies: Dear Lizzy Documentary collection: (340294) – Me & You Paper, (340296) – Confetti Paper, (340302) – Blossom Paper, (340303) – Fresh Start Paper, (340305) – Fancy Free Paper, (340307) – Snail Mail Paper, (340316) – Dreamer Paper, (340205) - Cork Bows, (340204) - Die-cut cardstock shapes, (340203) - Rub-on transfer sheets, (340207) - Wood buttons, (340200) – Accent & Phrase Stickers, (340199) – Snapshots Thickers; Cut file from JustNick

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

You are perfection, Heather!! :o)

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Love the roses and your layout!! Little miss R's hand on her hip is sooo cute too!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fantastic layout/cut file! Love the papers!