Thursday, June 9, 2016

Dare to Dream

Hello everyone.  Oh how I am loving the Gossamer Blue June kit and add-ons.  It's jammed packed with fun summery collections.  I was drawn to the feathers in the Fancy Pants goodies included in the kit and so I thought, why not create a fun dreamcater?!?!  Then, Nicole from JustNick challenged a few of us to use 4 or more cut files for our project.  She makes that easy peasy with her amazing designs. This is where Gossamer Blue and Just Nick Studios come together to make one!


Cut Files used: Dreamcatcher 1PolaroidsShattered AlphaScript FontSweater Weather

How to: Use the Dreamcatcher 1 file as a guide to create a stitching path. Stitch the Dreamcatcher with embroidery floss.  Add stitched lines for the hanging feathers. Add splatters of color to the inside of the dream catcher as well as below with the feathers. Cut feathers and adhere to the page. Create the title using a combination of the Script Font and Shattered Alpha font. I welded the script font together. After I cur the word "DREAM" from the shattered alpha cut file, I ungrouped and deleted the shattered parts. Then I used the internal offset option to cut the perfect fit for the shattered alpha letters and adhered them to the back. Cut a polaroid frame. Add layers and your photo and done.  I'll be adding journaling under the photo.


No comments: