Thursday, August 25, 2016

You're So Sharp DIY Back to School Gift

Hello everyone. I'm here to show you how I created unique Back to School pencil boxes for all the kids in our cul-de-sac, who recently returned back to school.

The majority of the kids in our part of the neighborhood are still in elementary school. They are so excited to go back to school to see their friends and teachers. These little pencil boxes are just a small gesture from us to add to their excitement.
I used this pencil box cut file that I downloaded from the Silhouette store. Using a combination 3 different Pebbles collections, I mixed and matched colors and patterns to resemble a pencil. Then, I used the same color palette to decorate the crate that will hold the gifts. This will also serve as part of the back to school decorations in my house until we hand them out.  I'm getting a 2 for 1 deal here.

I found this crate in the Dollar isle at Target and had to get it because it's so cute.  You could easily recreate this yourself with a couple of rulers and wood glue.  It didn't need much more decorating but I wanted to add a bit of color. To do this, I added a cute little banner to the top and a school sentiment to the bottom corner.
This project involves a bit of paper piecing work but there's only 5 elements and it's so cute and really simple to do. I added little tags to the pencils so that I could add a sentiment on the front and who it's from on the back.
If you want to mix it up a bit for the pencils you could really use any fun pattern you have on hand. Afterall, pencils come in all sorts of fun prints these days.

Pebbles Supplies: Jen Hadfield Warm & Cozy Tweed Pattern Paper (733415) America the Beautiful Patriotic Posies (733346) Fun in the Sun 6×6 Paper Pad (732862) American Crafts Cardstock

1 comment:

LSG Industrial & Office Products, Inc. said...

My favorite part of going to school, making crafts and artworks. Thanks for sharing your ideas. LSG Office Products